Freelance Content Creator Journalist
Welcome to Kionii, your number one stop for culturally inspired, high-quality jewellery.
After an amazing year of growth, we are looking for a part-time freelance content creator with a serious talent for copywriting and a great eye for design, who has their finger constantly on the pulse of current affairs, especially within the BAME community. You will be involved in developing our Kionii Official and Kionii Foundation content reporting into the Brand and Communication Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching trending subjects that resonate with our community and translating this into easy to understand, engaging content for our social channels.
- Work to deeply understand our demographic to ensure content engages our specific community.
- Taking a deep dive into ways our #kioniibabes can help including references, resources, petitions, charities, initiatives etc.
- Copywriting, you must have an excellent level of English with an understanding of SEO. You will be writing about a range of complicated and charged subjects so sensitivity is essential.
- Social media - adapting your writing and subjects for each social media platform, understanding the different audiences and presentation styles.
- Visual post creation through Photoshop or Illustrator. You will be provided with images, you will write the text and have a flair for graphic design to combine the two. You will be briefed and encouraged to bring creative ways to present your ideas to the table.
- Ad hoc briefs and tasks in line with business needs.
Who you are professionally:
- A recent graduate or undergraduate in Journalism / Communications / English / Politics / Sociology (2nd year and above) looking for experience with a brand that wants to go beyond the beautiful products they sell and make a real change.
- Have examples of your professional / published copywriting.
- Undaunted by political or complicated subject matter with an ability to cut through the noise when reporting.
- Able to work quickly and to tight deadlines. You must also be adaptable as you will be covering current, developing events.
- In love with social media with a solid understanding of each platform including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, websites and email.
- Be able to create simple yet effective social media posts using your graphic design skills based on your copy and be able to provide examples of past work to support your application.
- Knowledge of Office and Photoshop is essential.
- Experience writing for SEO and sales would be beneficial.
- Be able to work from a brief and bring your own ideas to the team, you must be able to take direction and feedback to ensure your work is in line with the company’s KPI’s.
- An interest and understanding of issues affecting the BAME community and examples of work relating to this would be very advantageous.
- Social justice / charitable involvement is a bonus.
Who you are personally:
- Self-starter and super organised.
- We will of course support you in every way we can but you must be self motivated and disciplined with your own time as this is a remote role.
- Passionate about communication, eloquent and have a good sense of humour.
- Love ideas and creativity.
- Obsessed with jewellery! You’ll fit right in with all of us 😅
What we can offer you:
- 6 hours a week, with potential to grow your role.
- £15 per hour freelance contract.
- Flexible working, we do have set deadlines but how you structure your hours to get your assignments done is totally up to you.
- A chance to grow and develop your skills within a young fashion brand.
- And of course a little Kionii treat when coming onboard! 💝
To apply please send a short and sharp cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for the role and your C.V. along with examples of your work to support your application to Felicity at firstname.lastname@example.org.